Legal Practice & Intellectual Property
In this course, students will learn the various aspects of making use of technology for commercial gain. The course is divided into two parts. Part A of the course covers the basic principles of intellectual property (IP) law. The student will learn how to identify and protect intellectual property rights (IPR) and neighboring rights and understand the fundamental principles of licensing IPR. In Part B, the essence of technology-based entrepreneurship, Strategies for Creation, Ownership, Protection, and Exploitation of IP, IP Management & IP Portfolio Management, Technology Intelligence & IP Strategy, as well as IP Blockchain will be covered.
Class lectures; dynamic exchange & sharing; case discussions; simulation, games, and competitions.
- Students will have an overview of international IP law.
- Students will be able to identify the various IPs and IPR.
- Students will be equipped with the concepts, principles, and terminology of IP and
- Students will acquire an understanding of the terms and issues in technology transfer
and licensing agreements.
- Students will have the basic knowledge of innovation management and intellectual
- Students will be exposed to the emerging technology and technological product market.
- Students will be able to recognize opportunity and assess commercial potentials of
- Students will understand the process of technology commercialization.
- Students will understand the various ways that technology inventions can be evaluated