Technopreneurial Chemistry & Mapping
Introduce the concept of entrepreneurship and an entrepreneurial approach to new venture creation to create wealth for individuals and corporations; enable students to explore an idea and turn it into a business opportunity and then into a business plan for operations.
This course’s aim is to help you develop and systematically apply an entrepreneurial way of thinking in a number of ways including: generation of business ideas; identification of business opportunities to commercialize these ideas; and creation of new ventures.
The course focuses on planning and starting up of a business. Further, it deals with some ongoing management challenges for entrepreneurial ventures.
Entrepreneurship is more than merely writing up a business plan. Thus, the course through innovative pedagogical approaches to teaching seeks to encourage creativity and the integration of course readings, real-life cases/ examples and the collective experience of students. In other words, you will study the practice with little bit theoretical concepts that help to conceptualize and develop new enterprise, whilst complementing this with the practical application through meeting the challenge of active participation
This course has the following objectives:
- to develop a further understanding of the entrepreneurial phenomena and concepts;
- to provide you with an understanding of the personal and behavioral characteristics of entrepreneurs;
- to assist you in developing entrepreneurial attitudes, abilities, and behaviors;
- to alert you to the fact that entrepreneurship can be expressed in self-employment through new venture creation as well as in developing an existing company including a larger organization;
- to closely look at the process of identifying the new venture opportunities in 7 areas: agro-tech, e-commerce, fintech, edu-tech, med-tech, AI & automation, and clean-tech; as well as the risks associated with new ventures;
- to help you identify the various resources available to assist new ventures and make appropriate resourcing choices;
- to establish qualities of successful entrepreneurial business strategies.